Saturday morning, over 1,000 people march for justice for Michael Brown.
please do not let ferguson die out like everything else big does. do not let this die out. do not let this continue on for three days and then everyone forget about it. do not let this happen.
queue this post up 3 days from now, a week from now, a month from now, a month from then. make sure even if you forget your blog will remember.
the fact i’m seeing reblogs slow down despite the fact there is still news breaking is concerning
I’m not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I’m not sure that I want to wake up.
Gayle Forman, If I Stay (via dead-and-scarred)
Note to self: When living with other people, don’t put all the bills in your name, even if no one’s there to do it.
Hang out a few days in the dark til everyone gets back. ’Cause when everyone moves out and you’re left with it all, you probably gon’ be paying for it.
Today feels like a pamper and relax with hayao miyasaki movie marathon kind of day :3
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
Sounds like the makings of a true King
FLOCKA OUT HERE BEATING THE PRESIDENT AND STEVE JOBS BYE
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
………………..You guys this was literally just recomended to me on my dash
Tumblr go fuck a cactus are you fucking kidding me right now
If this ain’t the most blatantly racist shit I have ever seen…
for real for real, even if y’all don’t stop, that “european” look can be found across the beautiful diaspora of black people without eloping with white people, so…
Getting real tired of staff laziness with actively weeding out racist fucking blogs on here. Can’t delete them but y’all gonna recommend them now?
Fuck outta here.
Tumblr, you fuckin up
People are losing their fire and forgetting about Ferguson. That’s exactly what the police want, though: for all of this to just go away and for people to forget about it.
Don’t let that happen.